Returns & refunds
All pictures and images of goods displayed online are only for illustrative purpose. Sizes, colour and dimensions of goods may differ in real life. Please ensure You have read any written description of the goods before placing your order.
Please choose carefully as refunds are not normally provided where you have simply changed your mind, made a wrong selection or simply found the item cheaper elsewhere. We recommend you carefully preview any orders before adding them to your shopping cart and proceeding with your order.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
All returns must be authorised from the store. If you are returning an item merely because you change your mind about the purchase made, we will offer you a reimbursement, exchange or credit note at our discretion provided that:
- The item is in original condition, uninstalled and without any signs of wear and tear and the packaging intact. You must adequately package any product you are returning to us to ensure that is not damaged during return delivery to our warehouse.
- Item is returned within 7 days of purchase with proof of purchase at hand.
- Upon return, item will be subject to thorough inspection on return, which may take up to a week. Refunds will not be processed immediately upon the return of the product.
- Strictly no returns on shower screens, vanities, tiles, bath tubs, tiles and custom orders.
- 20% re stocking fee on all returns.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods are suitable for your purpose prior to ordering (including whether there is appropriate and safe access to your delivery address for delivery of the goods).
- Sydney Taps will offer a replacement provided that proof of fault/ damage is present. However, please do not bring it in to the store or return it to us without contacting us first. All claims are to be made within 24 hours of receiving the product.
- Depending on the nature of the issue, a service call will be placed with the manufacturers in instances where immediate replacement is not possible, which may take up to 2 weeks.
- Sydney Taps will offer refund / exchange if the customer is not happy with the item or does not fit the description of the product.
- If you have received the wrong item please contact our office on 02 9744 0088 during business hours or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions. However, please ensure claims are made before installation.
- Sydney Taps will not be liable for any out of pocket expenses incurred for labour, as warranty only includes parts. Sydney Taps is not liable for any loss, damage, cost, expense or injury you or any third part as a result of mishandling or wrongful installation. All installations must be carried out by a certified installer/ plumber.
PICK UPS, DELIVERIES & STORAGE
- All pick-ups and deliveries are to be organised beforehand. Please allow 1 week for pick-ups and 2 weeks for deliveries. We will notify you once your order is ready.
- For pick ups: Monday – Friday: 10 – 4 pm.
- Please check availability of item before purchasing if you wish to pick up within 3 days of order.
- We are not liable for any damaged products claim once the item has been picked up or delivered as it is the customer’s responsibility to check the product upon receiving it. Delivery occurs once the goods leave our premises at which stage goods are at your risk and Sydney Taps is not liable for any loss deterioration or damage in transit.
- If there is nobody at site to receive the delivery, a re-delivery fee will apply. All deliveries are unloaded on the ground floor; no items will be delivered inside the house (NO EXCEPTIONS).
- Some items may require more than one person for handling, it is your responsibility to provide additional person at the delivery address.
- If we are unable to fulfill all or part of your order due to goods being unavailable, we will use all endeavours to either: Source the goods; or Contact you within 5 business days to either arrange a full or partial refund; or, change your order to replace the goods with a comparable product as agreed.. Where an alternate product cannot be agreed on, we will refund you the price paid for the goods.
- The date of delivery set is made in good faith, but may be subject to industrial disturbances, delay in transit, damage to goods in transit, shortage of goods and any other cause beyond reasonable control of Sydney Taps Pty Ltd. Sydney Taps Pty Ltd shall be excused from failure to deliver or complete which is contributed to by any such cause and the time specified for completion of delivery shall be extended and shall not constitute a breach of contract, nor shall it affect any other provisions of the contract.
- Orders will only be stored for 14 days from the date of order notification from Sydney Taps. Storage Fees will apply if items are not collected within 14 days of notification.
For all pick ups, our hours are:Monday to Friday: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and under other consumer laws applying in each State and Territory, you have the right to have goods replaced, repaired or to receive a refund where:
- the goods are faulty;
- the goods are wrongly described;
- the goods are different from a sample shown to you; and/or
- the goods do not do what they are supposed to do.
These consumer guarantees are implied into all consumer contracts and cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. These are in addition to any voluntary warranties offered by a manufacturer.
If on examination of goods returned to Sydney Taps are found to not be in breach of the consumer guarantees, Sydney Taps may charge you a fee for examining the goods, and any cost to return the goods to you.
Please note that goods must be returned within a reasonable period and you may be asked to demonstrate that the problem with the goods was not your fault.
Consumer Guarantees do not apply where reasonable opinion the goods became unacceptable due to fair wear and tear, or the customer’s misuse, failure to use the goods in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, or failure to take reasonable care.